background

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

IT'S A GIRL!!!

Today I had my 20 week sonogram and got to find out the sex of baby 3!!!  It's another girl!!!




I have had 3 vivid boy dreams, took all the crazy old wives tales test, looked at the Chinese calendar and it all said boy.....and I've had salty cravings, especially pickles...  I did not have any cravings with London or Kinley.  All my friends and family, including Matt said it was a girl though!!  I was prepared to her "It's a boy" today but got to hear "It's a, well another girl!" instead!!!

I was so nervous going into my appointment.  Last night I was restless and went to bed late and today my stomach was in knots, I started sweating at one point, and I just had a sick feeling.  I don't know why... maybe because this was our first real look at our baby.  With Kinley I had a sonogram at every appointment so I was constantly reassured she was o.k.  BUT, since we have only had one look, at 8 weeks, of this baby, I was a worried about what we were going to see.  I think every mothers fear is seeing something unexpected.

London wanted to go with us to find out so I picked her up from school on my way to the Dr.  She was a nut at the office.  I think the excitement of finding out was a little to much for her.  I kept asking her on the way to the appointment if she thought it was boy or girl and she just said, "I have no idea."  I asked her what she wanted, a brother or sister and she said she wasn't sure.   I thought she would be thrilled when we heard 'It's a girl!" but she didn't really react.  She just kept saying she wanted a boy so she and Kinley could scare him and so he would be the one to always get in trouble.  Obviously she doesn't realize that having a brother doesn't mean never getting in trouble.  Ha!!  I took her to get lunch at McDonald's (YUCK) ... but it was her choice then took her back to school.  I know she will adjust and be happy with a new sister, it just will take some time.

After the sonogram my Dr. came in and said everything looked good.  My placenta is a little low so we will get another sonogram later on once I've grown to see if it has moved up any.  That is about it!!

Poor Matt is already getting so much grief from everyone about having 3 girls.  All he can think about is the cost of 3 weddings.  Ha!!  Maybe we can convince the girls to have one big group wedding.  ha ha!! He loves his girls though and is the best daddy to them.  I told him the good thing about all girls is that girls always come back home!!  We don't have to worry about our boys leaving us and being pulled to  their wives family!!  We just have to make it thorough the teenage years with 3 hormonal girls :)

We are so excited and just need to buckle down and choose a name!! We like Holland and Beckett but London says Beckett is too close to Becky and doesn't like it. Ha!!  The opinion of a 6 year old :)  So, that leaves us with Holland which I like.  BUT, it is hard to find a middle name that flows well AND I have to decide if we are going to be 'that' family with kid names that are cities/countries.

Let the decorating and baby girl sewing begin!!!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment