background

Monday, September 5, 2011

FAMILY UPDATE...

LONDON:

We are back in the school groove and London has loved first grade.  She has a wonderful teacher and wakes up and comes home so excited about school.  I couldn't ask for more!!  New friends are being made and the excitement of seeing old friends in the hall is still gives her butterflies!!  She takes her reading time at home very seriously and never fusses about homework.  

She doesn't want to do gymnastics anymore and has expressed interest in learning to play the violin. We went and checked it all out last week and the only thing stopping us right now is the time for practice...Friday's at 8pm is the only open lesson as of now.  Hopefully an earlier time will open up soon.

Her 7th bday is next week too.  Nothing fancy this year, she just wants to take her BFF to Monkey Joes to jump then to get ice cream afterwards.  Having an easy birthday couldn't have been better with all we have coming up!!

KINLEY:

Kinley and I have our routine.... nap time is my favorite!!  She misses London during the day and always runs to the door with a smile when it's time to go pick her up.  The car rider line is horrendous but it is getting better.

HOLLAND'S NURSERY:

It is almost done.  I have 2 shelves to hang and am waiting on the canvases for over the crib to finish being painted and for the slipcover to come in for the glider and ottoman.  The ottoman cover was backordered but hopefully it will come in soon.... the website said by Dec. 3!  Better late than never.  I worked on finishing the curtains last week and although the fabric was a royal pain to work with and I ended up cheating on the bottom hem, I like how they turned out.  Here are some pics of the progress so far....

the canvases will go where the white paper is above the crib



love the curtains even though they were such a pain to sew!!
glider and ottoman hoping to get a makeover soon!!

changing table

love this lamp!!  thank you Hobby Lobby... and Nana!!

wreath for H's door

close up of wreath ribbons.... see the crystal bottle and paci hidden in there?


MATT:

Matt has been super busy at work and I'm so glad he has a 3 day weekend.  Not that that really means he will be home and not go to the office at all but I know he is ready for more down time than office time.  We have nothing planned except to take dinner to some friends who just had baby #3.  

ME:

With school back in session and Holland's delivery fast approaching (only 5 more weeks...give or take one or two) I am trying to keep a clean house, finish up the nursery decor, a few sewing projects for the girls,  and rest.  I must say I have been loyal to nap time with Kinley.  The house pretty much stays clean except for the few toys Kinley drags out and I've never been good about making beds.... especially after naps!  I mean, we're just going to get back in them later so what's the point?  My energy level is zapped and I have more moments where I'm just uncomfortable.  I can't wait to hold our sweet baby girl.  Despite the discomforts and hardly any clothes fitting well, I want to go as close to my due date as possible.  I feel like we have enough birthdays in September so delivering anytime after Oct. 1 would be great!!

I think that's about it.  With school back in session we have pretty much done nothing but school during the week and enjoyed the long Labor Day weekend!! 



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment