background

Monday, August 22, 2011

FIRST GRADE!!

I can't believe it.... I have a first grader.... and she is oh sooooo sweet!!


As expected this morning was hard for us both...  I knew it would be.  I'll probably always have a hard time with the first day of school.  I try and try to keep it together and not cry but I'm convinced it isn't possible for me.  I'm a crier.  period.  nothing I can do about it but cry and get it over with :)

Although there were tears, there was excitement too....   
Kinley was so sweet and knew just what was happening.  She looked so sweet in her crayon dress just like London!!  


We left earlier than usual as to avoid the crazy parking we had to deal with last year.  It ended up not being too bad and we had some time to hang out before the school doors opened.  London saw her best friend and a few other friends from last year.  I think that helped calm her nerves a little and get her excited.

We walked London to her class and Matt helped her find her table and get settled.  She didn't want to give her teacher her gift when we got there so I just left it in her bag.  

I tried to get London to take a pic with her teacher but she wasn't quite ready.  Maybe tomorrow!!  I did get one of her at the door to her class :)

oohhh, I could just eat her up.  My sweet girl is growing up too fast :)

Kinley and I had a relaxing day.  The house stayed clean and we both took a great nap!!  When Kinley woke from her nap she ran into the living room and started looking for London.  She came back to me and said "London is hiding" and I reminded her she was at school.  

I had planned on running to Hobby Lobby before picking up London and much to my surprise I had locked my keys in my car.  After a panicked call to Matt he rushed home and I was able to get in the car rider line just in time.  Kinley was so cute.... when we drove by London's school she yelled, "THERES LONDON'S SCHOOL!!!"  She knew we were minutes away from picking her up.  

I could immediately tell London had the best first day by the big smile she had when she saw me in line. She got in the car and told me how great the day was and that she loved first grade so much and that she had the best best best teacher ever!!  

She pulled out her pic she colored this morning at school and it says it all...

school is so cool

After London got in the car Kinley held London's hand the whole way to the cupcake place and only wanted her to help unbuckle her and help her to the door.  She sure does love her big sister!!!

I let London pick a fun place to go for an after school treat and she picked the cupcake place!!



We ran into a friend there and visited for a while then came home and London had her best friend over to play.  

I know for sure tomorrow will be a great second day of school!!  




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment