background

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

NOVEMBER IN PICTURES... AND A FEW WORDS


November was fun.  The end of November was so busy with a trip to Fort Worth for Morton's birthday, ICE, then back home for Thanksgiving and a weekend at the ranch.  Oh yea, and my birthday too.

Here is the middle cutie in her turkey shirt.  I made London and Kinley shirts like this last year but with fall colored ribbon.  I saw this fun ribbon color combo on the Love From Texas blog.  Jessica always has cute applique's and I enjoy reading her blog... it first caught my eye when I saw the clothes she appliqued and sews for her cute kids, then I realized we had more in common than just sewing... both nurses that have a love for the littlest of patients and our hubbies are both attorneys.  Crazy huh!  


London had her 'Thankful' party at school and wore this sweet outfit I cranked out the night before (of course... because planning ahead is never much fun right!)


just  a random pic of my two littlest!


and some sweet itty bitty baby toes that got a true mini pedi!!!  I must say, a pedi on a newborn is one of my favorite things!  I can't resist those pink piggies peeking out of her gown!


OK, back to November.... Thanksgiving...  

Matt and I hosted Thanksgiving for his family at our house.  It was fun to have everyone over and get to have the house decorated and full of family.  We redecorated the dining room and put my mom's old dining room set in there.  I finally brought my wedding crystal and china home and displayed it in the china hutch.  We even used our china (for the adults only) for Thanksgiving lunch!!  I was a few goblets short of my Waterford crystal so we mixed the fancy china with our everyday glasses.  It actually didn't look bad.  

I decorated the kids table with lots of fun things (thanks to Pinterest)
London helped make the Thanksgiving banner


I made burlap goodie bags and filled them with 2 Thanksgiving activity sheets, crayons, snack mix, a necklace craft, and a bag of turkey poop (milk duds).  The bag was great and kept the kids busy while we were getting lunch ready.  The turkey poop was the biggest hit.  The kids laughed so hard when they found it in their bags!!!



 I made a paper bag turkey.  It was actually very easy.  The hardest part was finding a store that carried paper bags.  Matt ended up finding one at the liquor store.  ha ha!!!  I used paper plates, paper cups, and plastic forks/spoons for the kids and made burlap place mats out of the leftover burlap I used for the goodie bags.  I also had a fruit and cheese turkey for the kids to snack on.  They picked the 'feathers' clean!


The kids played hard and had fun together.  While we were saying our last goodbyes in the driveway, Kinley fell asleep on the rug.  She and her cousin had been dressing up in princess clothes.  I guess all the wardrobe changes wore her out!



We packed up for the ranch as quick as we could and guess who never fell asleep!!  We usually let London drive through the ranch gate but Kinley got to do it this time!! Can you tell she was excited to be at the ranch!!  She is a ranch girl for sure!

 It was so cold and windy all weekend and we were cooped up inside most of the time but Aunt Liz took the girls out with her one afternoon to hunt pigs!!  She was sure to bring lots of activities.. and ear covers per my request!!  No pigs came out but they saw lots of deer.




 Aunt Liz and her little hunters!

We had family pics and Holland's newborn pics taken.  I used this one for our Christmas card.  Our friend Clark Lara does our pics and we just love him and his work!


And finally, my mom brought over an old picture of her. I couldn't believe how much Kinley looks like her. This pic was taken when my mom was 2!  


I think that wraps up November.  I'll get to December soon!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment