background

Monday, January 23, 2012

WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS

On Jan 9th we had a huge rain storm.  It produced a little hail but mostly it just rained and rained and rained for hours.  This was the result of so much rain so fast....

I called Matt in a little panic.  I haven't seen that much water in a neighborhood before.  The thought of not being able to leave and get London scared me a little.  The two cars on the street ended up not running and sat with the doors and hood opened for several days.  The red car had to be towed away and is up and running again.  And to make things worse it was trash day.... so everyones trash was floating everywhere.

Once the rain stopped the water receded pretty fast.  Thankfully it was all gone by the time I had to get London from school.  We sent the video to the news but I quit watching for it to show once the rain stopped.

 It's sad that a few months ago our state has hundreds, if not thousands of acres burning because of the drought.

 These are pics of the aftermath of the Texas wild fires.  My sister's bachelorette party was in Horseshoe Bay and I had to drive through Bastrop to get there.  It was so eerie to see mlles and miles of burnt land.  I saw many burnt down homes and businesses too.  Sorry for the poor quality... These were taken from my car window with my phone.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment