background

Thursday, February 9, 2012

A CRAZY WEEKEND

I've been trying to decide on what preschool to put Kinley in for next year.  I had my mind made up and then found out we would be out of town the day of registration.  BUT.. a friend of mine used to work at the preschool I wanted so she convinced me to take a tour even though I would miss registration.  I took Kinley up to tour the school and talked to the director.  I explained the situation about us being out of town the day of registration and pretty much walked out with no hope of getting her in for next year.  It was a long shot but I asked if there was an open spot now and asked if I enrolled her now if I would have a spot for next year.  There was not a spot.  :(  I went home and started going over the other schools on our list.  This all happened on Thursday.

Friday came and we were getting packed up to head to the ranch and I get a call from my friend telling me the director called and said they had a spot for Kinley to start on the following Tuesday.  YIKES!!  She could have the spot IF we came that day and paid 1/2 the registration for the year, February tuition, AND registration for next year (since she would be considered a current student we were able to register for next year before Sat.)  I made a quick call to Matt with the grand total and he said YES!!  Sooo....My decision to start her in preschool next year was just forced to change and put her in in a few days.

In the mean time... 15 minutes before our friends were arriving to meet up and head to the ranch I get a call saying my grandmother was dying.  We had been called to come to the nursing home on Thursday but after my mom went up and assessed my grandmother, she said she was talking and didn't seem too bad.  Well, Friday things made a quick turn for the worse and we switched gears and headed to the nursing home.  BUT, on our way out we ran by the preschool and paid for Kinley to start and got all the necessary paper work for her.

We headed to the ranch after spending some time at the nursing home and got there about 2am.  Saturday night I got a call saying my grandmother had passed away.  I was so sad for my dad.  I can't and don't want to imagine what it is like to lose your mom.

We headed home Sunday and got the run down on what was to expect as far as the memorial for my grandma. There will be a memorial Friday and lunch with family afterwards.

I had lots to do for Kinley's first day so I got to work on her bag.

Monday Matt ran by a teacher supply close to his office and picked up a nap mat.  I sent her to school with an unfinished bag and a bare nap mat and a blanket.  Thankfully I finished the bag and nap mat cover Tuesday afternoon and all day Wednesday.

I'm tackling the growing pile of laundry today and hoping to get my sewing room in order before Monday. Tomorrow is my grandmothers memorial and we have a Saturday full of parties.  I'm exhausted already.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment