background

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

RUNNING AROUND

We did alot of running around last week.  Holland's 4 month check up on Wednesday.... after we had to reschedule it earlier in the week, and then the big girls had dentist appointments at separate times on Friday.  Needless to say, I spent alot of time in waiting rooms last week.  

Since we had been scheduled for the wrong appointment the first time we went for Holland's check up, we made the most of being by some stores not so close to home.  I got my boots then right next door is a teacher supply store.  London loves doing workbooks so I grabbed a few for her and got a pre-school one for Kinley.  We've been looking for a preschool to start her in next year and I thought a workbook would be fun for her to do.  Well, and she loves doing anything London does.  She surprised me with her tracing skills.  Now just about every page in both of her books are traced.

Both girls checked out great at the dentist.  NO CAVITIES!!! YAY!!  



After school we ran around and stopped at the cookie place for some ice cream.  Yes, we did buy some cookies too :)  My mom had come down to help watch the girls while I was at the dentist with London so she tagged along and spent the afternoon with us.  I found my dress for the rehearsal dinner too!  


Back tracking to Wednesday when we went BACK for Holland's 4 month appointment I stopped by Sam Moon for some jewelry to go with my new dress.  I couldn't resist clipping on a fake pony tail to Kinley.  I think we might be getting one for her to wear at the wedding.  Poor girl has such thin hair and we need lots of curls for the wedding :)


Holland had to eat before we drove back home so thankfully there was a Babies R' Us next to Sam Moon and Kinley was able to run around the nursing room while I fed.


(I was not asked to write the following...)
OK... and my new hobby ... if you can call it that after 2 weeks.....RUNING!  After last weeks crazy idea to start running I made a goal to do a 5K.  I found this great app on my phone, downloaded it and made up my mind to finish it.  I'm only on week two of eight... and so far I'm still enjoying it.  I am someone who hated to run, always quit at the first pain in my side and just never thought it was fun. But this program is a great.  I downloaded some fun cardio/workout music and can play my own songs while the app is going and the trainer talks over your own music.  

I'm sure there will be days that I want to quit and that I feel like I want to die after the run but I'm determined to finish.  My dad was a marathon runner and I think of him every time I run.  I can't wait for my first 5K.  I want him to be there for sure.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment