background

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

FEVER!!!


Today has been "one of those days".  Last night K started running a fever.  Of course it had to be at night because fevers always pop up right at bedtime.  It's like kids' bodies know when all the pedi's are gone and  baths are finished and even mom & dad are all settled in for the night with a trip to the nearest pharmacy far from thier mind.  Well, thank goodness I had some infant Motrin on hand so I dosed K up and put her to bed.  This morning she woke up and was so hot.  I just knew her fever was higher than it was when I put her to bed.  Surely enough, the trusty thermometer read 103.1.  *sigh*  Another dose of Motrin and all my running around I had planned got pushed until, well, later, like when daddy gets home from work and we spend family time... that kind of later.  Toting around a sick baby and her sister just didn't sound like fun.  Plus it was rainy....that never makes for a good day to get errands done.  
SOOOOO, it has been "one of those days" where I snuggle my mommy hungry baby all day with her hot head on my chest hoping that darned fever will break and she will be all better. I will play Candyland again with L until she can play no more.  I will bake cookies with L during nap time so her mommy hungriness is satisfied and then her sweet tooth can be satisfied too. We will eat Stouffer's for dinner because I can finally admit that I can't do it all.  

I hope you all are having a great not "one of those days" day!!!

Love,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment