background

Monday, August 23, 2010

WE DID IT!!

(ignore the dates on the pics, I guess my camera date is off!!)





Do you know what we did?



We made it through the first day of school!!!!


After staying up late making sure everything....YES EVERYTHING....was labeled and the teacher gift was perfect I finally settled down and tried to sleep only to wake up to a morning that I have been dreading so bad.

see, EVERYTHING was labeled.  ha ha!!

teacher gift full of goodies
(i forgot about the student teacher...good thing I put 2 of everything in the basket)

the rolling backpack and matching lunch kit all ready to go

The morning started with me popping out of bed and then being convinced by Matt to snooze just 10 minutes.  London and Kinley were both up shortly after the 'snooze' was over.  I had big plans to make London's favorite breakfast......biscuits, bacon, eggs, sausage....but she told me she would rather have oatmeal with a Hershey kiss.  Being the first day of Kindergarten...I gave it to her and she didn't like it....so, she then requested just oatmeal with brown sugar as usual and I'm pretty sure she  only took about 5 bites of it before we left.

I got her dressed (in the dress I made her) and she looked so adorable.  I had no idea what shoes to put with it and I battled between just plain white tennis shoes or navy but after searching I just put her brown mary janes on and called it a day.  I even bought knee socks for her to wear but, then thought that was cruel since the heat index was over 100 today.

There she stands all ready for her first day with the backpack (with rollers because that was her #1 request for her backpack).



The line of cars at the school was crazy.  I think we had to park about a half-mile away.  Seriously, we were about half way to our neighborhood when we finally found a spot to park.  London was quiet the whole way to school.  I could tell she was excited and scared at the same time.  I was terrified.  I fought back tears the whole way.  She rolled her backpack so proud all the way to her class.  It wasn't until we got down the hall to the door of her class and my tears couldn't be held back anymore.  London started crying and Matt later admitted he got teary eyed.  Oh, we are a bunch of nuts I tell ya!!  London cried, "I don't want to go Mommy."  I just hugged her so tight and whispered to her, "I love you, it will be great!"  We gave her teacher her gift and showed her the book London brought for her to read (time permitting of course) and somehow we parted and she went in the class and Matt and I pushed Kinley in the opposite direction.  I think I did pretty good at holding myself together.

the book from Nana for London to take on her first day of school

 We then checked out the 'cheers and tears' reception and it wasn't much.  The school had some muffins and juice out for the parents so we grabbed a muffin for Kinley and a juice for Matt and got a PTA info sheet and left.  If I had known anyone there it would have been worth staying at.




I came home, Matt went to work and the waiting game started.  I cleaned until I didn't have anything to clean then I sat....and looked at the clock....and fed Kinley lunch...and sat...and put Kinley down for a nap....and looked at the clock...and decided to lay down and nap....then Kinley woke up 20 minutes after I laid down.  So....I made these for London to give to her friend Katie and her brother.  And I had one waiting for London too.



My sweet friend Melissa came by too and we chatted about how hard the morning was and how it will get better.  She got a 'happy first day of school'  treat too!!Then it was finally time to get London.  I thought I was doing good by leaving 20 minutes early.  Wow, the line to pick up the kids was so long.  I searched for my bow headed girl every chance I could.  Finally it was my turn to pull up and there she was, so sweet and serious.  She got in the car and that's when I knew my baby would be o.k.  I asked her every possible question about her day.  What she did first?  Who was at her table?  Did she go to recess?  Was there enough food in her lunch?  Did she like her lunch?  Did she like her snack?  How was her water?  Did it stay cold?  What lessons did she learn?  Did she color?  And the list goes on.  She told me everything about her day.  I knew she was going to be alright.  My little girl survived her first day of Kindergarten......and so did I!!!  And she had a 'happy first day of school' treat too....and she ate all 3 cookies.....and I let her.....because it was the end of her first day of school.

I can't wait for day 2!!!

And here is Kinley, I couldn't help but show her off too.  She was so sweet today and probably so confused on why the house was so quiet.  I asked her once during the day, "Where's London?" and she looked around then just shrugged her shoulders.



Photobucket




No comments:

Post a Comment