background

Saturday, February 19, 2011

WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO

I have not been good about posting lately.  This might be a long one....

Since my last post we have:

1.  Had London's Valentine's party at school.  It was your typical school party...bingo, cookie decorating, a quick craft and just fun and not having to do school work!!  Kinley came along and had a blast getting so much attention.  They wore their matching shirts and looked so cute!!



2.  Valentine's day was pretty low key around here.  No fancy gifts or flowers, just time spent with the family.  I ate lunch with London at school and I made up little treat bags for the girls and went to our favorite cupcake shop for a sweet treat.  Matt worked late and I actually went to work that night.

3.  London had an ice skating birthday party to go to on Saturday after Valentine's day.  We all went since Matt had to skate with London.  Kinley and I watched and ate pretzels.  I have quit worrying about Kinley having accidents so I didn't really ask her too much if she needed to potty.  Once she mentioned it and I took her and she did nothing.  After a few more pretzels she said 'potty' again and well....it was too late.  She wet all over me and the bleachers.  Thank gooness we were at the ice rink at the mall and ended up running to old navy for new socks, panties, and a dress.  Nice way to get new clothes, Kinley!!!

4.  Muffin tin meals... I'm sure any mom of a toddler or older has heard of these.  It seems to be the latest thing to try and get your kid to eat more and more variety.  I tried it with Kinley for the first time and she actually liked it.  I need to get more inventive with my food choices....especially since she is my picky eater.  We started simple with gold fish, cheese sandwiches, grapes, and cheese cubes.  Not a very colorful lunch but it was a last minute thought. 

 


5.   I have made 2 shirts for little girls but forgot to take  pictures of them.  UGH!!  Hopefully their mom's will email me a pic.  I am working on Kinley's birthday overalls and hope to finish them up by Tuesday!!  I need to make a run to Joann's and my sewing shop first to get the last bit of fabric and coordinating thread.  

6.  Girl Scout cookies!!!!!  They are here and I'm loving it.  Enough said!!



7.  Last night our church had free baby sitting for parent volunteers, so Matt and I dropped off the girls and went out for Japanese food!!!  We tried a new place in town and it didn't disappoint.  I have been wanting a ginger salad for days now and I finally got it!!

8.  We all cleaned house today and London and I are off to watch her friends basketball game later this afternoon.  Now - Kinley is napping, London is making jewelry, Matt is at the office, the birds are chirping so loud outside (but I like it), and all is well!!!  

Have a Happy Saturday........



because we are!!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment