background

Thursday, February 3, 2011

100th DAY

Wednesday was London's 100th day of school.  It is a big deal to all the kids and the school makes a fun day out of it.  London was sent home with a note about a week ago instructing her to

1.  Brainstorm LIKE items you and your family can easily collect in quantities of 100.
2.  Choose something from your list and gather 100 of them
3.  Design a unique way to WEAR your collection to school.
4.  Wear your collection to school on Wednesday, February 2.
5.  Be creative and have fun!

Some ideas the school gave were to decorate your clothes with 100 stickers, bows, buttons, or design a hat or jewelry with your collection.

Well, London and I decided on ribbon....since there isn't a shortage of ribbon in our house.  Her only request was that it was red and white.  

Here is what we I came up with....100 ribbon loops on the cuffs of her jeans.  Each cuff had 50 ribbon loops.  And I couldn't help myself and had to make her a shirt too...



In other news....
It is COLD here.  It is in the 30's now and the temps are expected to drop even more and possibly get some snow.  School is going as usual today but I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed or cancelled tomorrow.  I have read and seen pics of all the crazy freezing snowy weather around the country.  I'm counting my lucky stars that I am not in one of those areas that have been snowed in for days.  There is only so much you can do with kiddo's when you are stuck inside for days on end.  




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment