background

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

KINLEY: 2 YEARS OLD!!

My sweet Kinley Kay turned 2 yesterday 2-22!!  It doesn't seem like it has been 2 years since I first laid eyes on my sweet baby girl.



Here are some highlights....

height 35 1/4 inches
weight 26 lbs. 7 oz.

You are so sweet and are always in the best mood.  You are really an easy toddler and are super easy going.  You do have your little 'toddler moments' but they are rare and usually easily resolved.

You sleep from about 8pm - 7 am ...give or take 30 minutes.  You still take one nap that usually last an hour & half or longer.  I love the days you nap longer!!

You love love love your big sister and are ALWAYS copying what she does.  Everyday when we go pick her up from school you insist on picking out a snack for her.  She looks forward to seeing what snack you have brought her each day.

wearing the b-day outfit I made you!!

You talk non stop and pick up on things so fast. You love to look at book and jibber jabber like you are reading them.  Sometimes you are actually saying the right words.   I can read you a book once or twice and I swear you can repeat parts of it right back to me.  Your favorite book these days is 'And to Think That I Saw it on Mulberry Street' by Dr. Seuss.  You ask for it every night.  Some of my favorite things you say are:

bum bum seat - bumbo seat
ba-beet - blanket
I la lu - I love You
tee-bow - peanut butter
tup take - cupcake
lee lee - aunt liz

You aren't a big eater and you pretty much refuse all meats....unless they are hidden in something like a casserole!  Favorite breakfast foods are:  waffles, cheerios, special K, eggs, and oatmeal.  Lunch favorites are :  tee-bow sinch (peanut butter sandwich), nuggets, mac-n-cheese, yogurt, fruit, and cheese.  For dinner you like chicken pot pie, empanadas, spaghetti, and chicken-n-dumplins!!

Recently you have enjoyed playing with the magnetic dress up dolls, play-doh, and pretending to cook in your kitchen.  When I picked you up from Sunday school last week you were serving your teachers pretend food.




We celebrated your birthday with dinner and cupcakes.  Nana, Avy, and Gogie joined us and we all had a great time.  You went nuts at the cupcake place and couldn't wait to get your hands on a cupcake.

Avy and Kinley with the big birthday cupcake!!

Daddy & Kinley

 Nana & her girls

Mommy & Kinley (that is what happens when you say 'show me a pretty smile')

 Gogie & Kinley giggling

 all you wanted from the cupcake was the sucker on top

 Nana, Avy & Kinley

Gogie & the girls

We are having your party this weekend with the rest of the family.  Lots to prepare for and so much fun to come!!

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY SWEET KINLEY KAY!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment