background

Friday, May 4, 2012

KINLEY IS 3!!

Kinley's 3rd birthday was right after my sister's wedding so I decided since most everyone was going to be together in Colorado that I would do her party there.... at The Broadmoor! I knew my Mom and Dad had a huge suite and I saw so many cute snowman things on Pinterest that I knew that's what I wanted her party to be!  A snowman party!!!  I could never have a snowman party in Houston AND I had high hopes of lots of snow so the little ones could go out and actually build a for real snowman, not the 5 inch Texas snowman made mostly of dirt we are all used to.

Well, we had a snowman party alright but there was NO snow!  I couldn't believe it!  But we had fun anyways.

Here are some pics from the party...
I got the printables off etsy







I saw these adorable snowman kits on Pinterest.  This is the one thing that got me hooked on having a snowman party.  I needed an excuse to make some :)  They were so easy and I'm already wanting to make more for teacher gifts.  Hmmmm.... snowman kit gifts in Texas????  Probably not the best idea!

The kit included a fleece scarf,  felt hat, big felt carrot nose, and I put 2 large googly eyes, some river stones, and made some cute wooden buttons.  


  I saw an adorable snowman tutu set on Pinterest too.  I made Kinley one (just changed up the colors a bit) and happened upon a pink sequin happy birthday top hat at Claires!


The Broadmoor has the cutest kids shop with adorable clothes and toys.  Everyone was so sweet to pick up a little gift for Kinley!  It was even better to know that they all kept in mind we had to pack her gifts and fly back with them so thankfully the gifts were small!


In hopes of going out to build a snowman, I made K a snowman shirt...



time for cake!


And with turning a year older comes the lovely yearly check ups!  Luckily Kinley didn't have to get any shots and the pediatrician was happy with Kinely!  Holland was due for a well child visit too.  She didn't get out so easy.... her poor legs got stuck 3 times.  :(



Kinley got her bday gift from us once we got back home.  Her requests this year were a Dora doll, princesses, and a princess castle.  After calling just about every toy store in Houston, I got lucky and found the exact castle I wanted to get her.  It's a wooden Melissa and Doug.  Grandpa got her the matching furniture set to go with it!



another birthday cupcake!!  


I was so excited to get to send bday treats to school with Kinley!  She is so into princesses these days that I made up these princess cake pops!!


Since Matt's family wasn't able to be in Colorado we had them over for some birthday fun.  London couldn't stand that Kinley could open all her presents by herself this year.  I think she ended up opening all of them for her anyways.  


sweet cousins!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment