background

Sunday, May 6, 2012

WEEKEND FUN

Wow, I can't believe I'm all caught up on blogging.  I oh so hope I can keep up!

One thing I forgot to mention is that we put our house on the market.... again.... for the 3rd time...  I'm thankful we have had tenants the whole time but I'm so ready to get rid of that house and find our new home here.  The market seems to be better now and our past 2 times to list it have not been at the best times for real estate.


We have been home the past few weekend which has been nice.  I feel like we go through phases where we are gone alot then we will be home one or two weekends then gone some more.

Friday after school I took the girls to get sno-cones!!  We have THE BEST sno-cone stand so close to our house!!  I saw that it was opened about a week ago and have been craving a sno-cone ever since.  It is alreay getting hot and it isn't even summer yet.  At least this summer I won't be pregnant!!



Saturday I spent the day cleaning.  Mopping, dusting, scrubbing toilets.... all that NOT fun stuff.  But I'm glad I got it done and have a clean house.  London helped out a ton by cleaning the playroom and her room!!  

Matt and I had a party to go to Saturday night.  His mom was so sweet to come watch the girls for us.  I was worried about Holland but she did great.  Since the party was close we left to come check on Holland and went back just in time for the guys to start poker and the girls played LCR.  I'd never played but it was super fun and there were some crazy girls that made it even more fun just watching them get excited over winning!!!

I made these curtains for my friend that hosted the party.  I like how they turned out and it was fun to see them up in her house.


Matt and I didn't get in bed till after 1.  I was so exhausted when I heard the kids get up this morning.  Luckily Matt's mom came downstairs with them and then Matt got up and I got to sleep in.  I think everyone was tired.  Kinley and London laid on a pallet until after lunch and we all finally got dressed around 1. Matt did a quick run to Target to get the girls a new Alvin and the Chipmunk movie and I found a little something on Pinterest that I thought would be a fun afternoon project.... since we had been so lazy all morning.  

A kid car wash....
This is our frame so far... Matt realized he bought the wrong size pipes after we had cut them all so he had to go back and get the right size.  It really didn't take that long to cut everything and put it together.  He still has a few holes to drill for more water to come out but we let the girls play in it for a while.


I want to add bright colored pool noodles and sponges and some type of curtain for them to run through.  I think they will really have fun with this all summer!!!  

This is my inspiration pic...


I'm hoping to make a trip to the dollar store for pool noodles and sponges tomorrow!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment