background

Sunday, May 6, 2012

SPLASH DAY

Kinley had splash day at school last week.  The school had asked the girls to wear a tankini to make bathroom breaks easier.  Well..... all our bathing suits are so worn.  Kinley has so many that have been passed down from London and I haven't bought new ones for the girls yet for this summer.  That being said, I went out looking for a cute and monogrammable (is that a word?) tankini.  I couldn't find anything so I hopped over to Joann and picked up some bright pink seersucker gingham.  I found THIS PATTERN on etsy and got to work!!

I used the size 3 pattern and got to work.  The bottoms came out great but the top ..... well.... it looked precious before I put in on Kinley and in Matt's word "it looked like a giant ruffly shield"


I didn't like the look, It looked almost big enough for London so I ripped the ruffles off did some cutting and made a new top!





I had some scraps left over..... literally scraps....so I eyeballed a pattern for Holland since she (1) needs a swim suit and (2) would be with me at splash day and of course had to match Kinley :)

Her suit came out precious...  Here is the back
I added another tie that goes across her back, under her arms.  


And the front!  I also monogrammed hers!


I made a flower to pin on her sunhat and that was it!!
I love this pic.  I wish it wasn't so blurry.


Miss Kinley had a ball splashing around :)  I got so many compliments on the girls swim suits too!


And this is where K spent 99% of her time.  She was in LOVE with the slide.  






When her class was done playing they got to have popsicles :)



Painting the sidewalk with water


And one more pic of Holland... see her monogram.... It was LATE and I was tired and after the G was about halfway done, I realized I had put her monogram in the wrong order.... oh well, the way she is growing I'll probably be making her another suit real soon.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment