background

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

BACK TO SCHOOL...

I hope we are done with all the back to school chores.

The backpack and lunch kit arrived in the mail while we were at the ranch and I was able to monogram the backpack as soon as we were unpacked!!



I took the girls out Monday and Tuesday to do a little back to school shopping.  Talk about exhausting... London was pretty good about picking out clothes she and I both liked but I think some things we both settled for just so we could get out of the store.  I'm still not convinced I really like all the clothes we bought so some may be going back.  I just can't get used to all the graphic t's and 'blinged out' clothes for little girls.  You bet my baby... or first grader should I say ... is wearing a smocked dress the first day of school.  And yes, she is excited about it!!  I promise!!



Meet the teacher outfit was done for London and part of Kinley's was finished.. although I still need to applique Kinley's shirt.  

my sweet sweet first grader.... when did she get so big?

this little sweetie... and her mama... is going to miss her big sister come Monday... but ooohhhh, I get my afternoon naps back!!

Back to school haircuts were a hit with the girls and Kinley felt like such a big girl getting her hair cut for the first time!!




After haircuts were finished we did a quick run to Target to get the last piece to finish up the girls room.... a down comforter for London's duvet.  I love the girls' room so much and it couldn't have turned out better!!  Now I can focus on the nursery!!




And the bathroom is all finished too.


monogrammed hooded towels hanging on the picket fence towel hooks I made!


I had to volunteer {passing out school supplies} before Meet the Teacher tonight and Matt met me at the school later on with the girls.  It was insanely hot!!  We met London's new teacher, she got to sort out all her school supplies and fill her desk with story pads and her school box and then we stopped by for a quick visit with her Kindergarden teacher before leaving.  I think London will have a great first grade year and I can't wait to watch her bloom!!

We had Mooyah burgers and Tutti Frutti yogurt for dinner then headed home.

We are just resting up for school the rest of the week. Tonight I'm cooking dinner {see pic below} for a sweet friend and soon to be mommy of a little girl.  She has been on bedrest for a week and since we are an hour away from her I figured dinner is always a good way to help out.  

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

best creamy chicken enchiladas



Hopefully I can get some shopping done for the nursery.... slipcover for the glider and ottoman and first on the list and canvases are hopefully being started soon :)  I have the curtain fabric picked out but think I'll tackle that chore later in the game.

Here is a pic of what I'm working with...  not a totally blank slate but it definitely needs a little sprucing up.  {canvas paintings above the crib...ahem, the paper placement on the wall, monogrammed slipcover for chair and ottoman, shelves for pics and accessories, curtains and maybe just maybe I'll do a crib bumper too}



But a separate post is in store for the nursery makeover!!

Enjoy the last few days of summer break!!!  I know we will :)




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment