background

Friday, August 19, 2011

IT'S HOT!!

I normally don't take pics of the temperature, but the past few days my car thermometer has hit numbers I had to look twice at to believe.....


seriously.... 115???  Too hot for this preggo!!








Seriously..... It's HOT and I'm so ready for fall.  Bring on my sweet baby girl Holland, pumpkin bread, football,  and let the holiday cheer begin :)

I got out early with the girls today and our first stop was the library to get London's reading trophy. She did the summer reading club and read more than the required amount of books.  Well, little did I know that the library didn't open at 10... it opened at noon.  Sooo, we headed to Hobby Lobby for a few things to finish up London's first day of school teacher gift...

Teacher gifts are always hard for me.  I never know if a 'teacher/school' themed gift is too cheesy or if I should do something like a goodie basket with snacks.  I ended up doing alot of monogrammed gifts throughout the year last year so I"m sure I will do more this year.  I was at a loss and had some extra wood blocks and spray paint on hand so I decided on a 'back to school' wood block frame.


I had some chalkboard paint too so I did a frame for my sister.  Tomorrow I can prime the front with chalk and I'll write her name on the front in chalk to finish it up!  She is a new teacher so I think she will like this... especially since its from her favorite first grader!!!


London wrote her a sweet note on the back!
(the paint pen wasn't cooperating with us)

  We wish Aunt Liz would come teach in our district :)

After Hobby Lobby we headed to see 'Smurfs'.  It was cute and London enjoyed it.  It was a little long for Kinley but we made it through without any complaints.  I grabbed lunch for all of us at Chick-fil-a after the movie then attempted to put Kinley down for a nap.  A nap was not in Kinley's plan and I gave up after about an hour of her getting in and out of her bed.  Luckily the girls quietly watched a movie and I whipped up a quick baby gift my mom had asked me to do....

argyle onesie with matching burp cloth

all wrapped up for the sweet baby.  

I love cellophane bags with a cute bow at the top.  Its a cute way to show off a personalized gift!

Matt is getting home late tonight so its an all girl dinner.  It will be so nice to have him home for the weekend.

A last minute beach trip is planned for tomorrow and then we are back in the school mode full force come Sunday night!!

Have a happy weekend :)



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment