background

Thursday, August 4, 2011

OPERATION BIG SISTER ROOM CONTINUED....

I'm going to lump the past few days together since it seemed like slow progress being made with the girls room....but there really wasn't much we could do to speed up the process.

Sunday started with me going to church and Matt ended up staying home with the girls.  We were up until a little after 10 trying to finish putting the dresser together and finally called it quits.  We were all so tired this morning but since I had to volunteer in the children's department, I went to church solo and let the rest of the family relax.

When I got home, Matt was putting the last drawer handle on the dresser drawers and we finished installing the drawers which took all of 5 minutes.  London was so happy to get to put her clothes away and to get to move some of Kinley's clothes into her room!!



The drawers are so big and roomy I may end up taking some things out of London's closet to make room for Kinley's clothes in there to..... but not sure :)

After the dresser was full of clothes, we started putting the first coat of paint on the first bed.  We started out by laying a few pieces out in the dining room and painting one side at a time.

We took the girls to their favorite ice cream place Tutti Frutti while the first coat was drying then came home and we realized it would be much faster to semi-assemble the bed and paint the whole thing and we could get to all sides and speed up the wait time for the first coat to dry...

 We quickly assembled the bed and finished the first coat of paint!!  

We turned the front room into our temporary paint room.  I don't think I could have survived trying to paint in 100+ degree weather :)

The next few days were spent putting a second coat of paint on the first bed, letting it dry, moving the bed upstairs and getting the second bed ready to paint.


In between painting and everything else I started organizing the girls' room and putting things back where they belong.

Here is a pic of the first bed all made up.  We just need to hang the flower canopy above it. And switch out the pillows once I get Kinley's monogrammed.  



Last night Matt and I assembled the second bed and got the first coat of paint on it.  I finished up the second coat today and we moved the bed upstairs when Matt got home from work. 


My mom ordered the bedding for the second bed and I'm hoping it is here in the next few days.  

Today I spent the day running around getting a few extra things to finish up the girls room and ended up getting stuff to decorate their bathroom to match their new room.

I bought a plain white waffle weave shower curtain and added some fabric and ric rac to it...
The green fabric matches their bedding so great!!  It has pink and blue butterflies on it like the quilted part of their bedding! (It's the little things like that that make me excited!)


And I found a cute little pic 50% off at Hobby Lobby that looks so cute in the bathroom too.
You can kind of see it in the pic...


I'm in the process of finishing up (which means monogramming) some hooded towels that I am going to hang on the wall.  Well, I'm monogramming London's and waiting to see if Matt is right.....
I bought 3 different colors thinking each girl would have a different one.... but when I showed Matt he quickly informed me that Kinley is going to want the same as London (which she always wants what London has) and that I should have just gotten all the same... PINK of course.  Oh and he said my blue towel looked like it belonged in a grandma's house.  UGH.....  But my thinking was that the pink, blue and green all matched the bathroom and added more color and that London, Kinley and Holland could each have a different one... guess I was wrong. :(  We'll see what the girls say... and if I'm buying more pink towels.  I can always use the others as gifts later on....even the grandma blue one.... because I like it :)



I have had some picket fence things for a while now and I am making them into towel hooks. (they were supposed to go on the wall in the girls room but kept falling off) so I'm adding big hooks to the front and picture hangers on the back and hanging them in the bathroom as towel hooks.  They are being 'fixed' right now so I'll post pics when they ... and the towels are done :)

That is about it for now.  Just waiting on the other set of bedding to come in, need to buy a twin down comforter and a few more pillows to fill the shams with, hang a canopy over each bed, find a white laundry hamper,  and find a cute basket for the few stuffed animals that the girls couldn't part with....oh and try to figure out what to do for the window (curtains or a valance)?  I have enough pink dot fabric left over to make a valance so I'll probably do that and maybe put a black-out shade (the kind that rolls up and down) behind the valance.  You know.... for the mornings when we want the kids to sleep in :)

Whew... It's been a busy last few days but so worth it!!  I'll be sure and post pics when it's 100% finished!!  


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment