background

Monday, January 3, 2011

GOOD BYE 2010 HELLO 2011

Well, we didn't do much for New Year's Eve.  Matt went to work as usual and the girls and I enjoyed a day at home.  Kinley had a horrible night the night before and didn't sleep....neither did I... so our plans to hang out with my brother & Kelsey{Cody & Gogie} were cancelled and we enjoyed Moo Yah burgers at home and played UNO with London.  Sounds exciting I know but I wasn't going to even attempt to take Kinley anywhere after not sleeping at all and not napping either.

Of course there were kids popping fire works in the streets and the noise was crazy loud.  I felt like a grouchy old lady when 8:00 p.m. hit and I was sick of hearing fire works.  We attempted to get the girls in bed and little did we know we had a huge fire works show right out our windows.  Matt and London watched out her window and I set up the rocking chair just right so Kinley and I could see out her window.  I think the fireworks actually helped calm Kinley down and she didn't mind the noise at all.  I was so worried the noise was going to wake her up but she slept all night.  London had a little harder time going to bed but eventually she fell asleep to the popping noise too.

Matt and I watched the NYE stuff on TV and once Dick Clark counted down, I went to bed.

Since we had to cancel our NYE plans with Cody & Gogie we ended up going over for New Year's day.  We played wii and it was so fun.  It was my first time to play!  London enjoyed the obstacle course the most.



Matt and Cody did sword fighting and we ended the afternoon with a game of bowling!!



 Gogie cooked a great dinner of balsalmic chicken with carrots and potatoes.  She had so many yummy snacks too for us to munch on.

 Kinley loved the vegan cookies....made with olive oil, flour, cocoa, banana, and some other stuff.  I tasted them too, they weren't too bad....kind of tasted like banana bread but in a cookie.  None of us are vegan ..... or even vegetarian but Gogie gave the recipe a try just for fun.


We also made olive penguins.... Just cream cheese, black olives an a few slivers of carrot.  




London decided she would make olive caterpillars instead.



Then she arranged them into a pyramid.

And here is my sweet Kinley girl playing hide-and-seek!!  


Over all, our celebrations were great.  I'm glad 2011 is here and can't wait to see how our family will be blessed.





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment