background

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

NANA'S ROOM MAKEOVER

So my mom wanted to redo London's room for her as a surprise and I said go for it!!  We are in a rent house right now so I have just been holding off on doing anything until we buy .... hopefully sooner than later but in all reality it will probably be at least another year.  UGH!!  

Anyways, London picked out some bedding from Pottery Barn and in true Nana fashion, the whole bedding set plus all the pillows and some major accessories and paint came with the room makeover.  

Mom had me get painters to come paint Saturday morning and as soon as they were done we all headed to Hobby Lobby for some shopping.  All of the wall decor and little shelf accessories came from there.  I have a major addiction to that place.  How can you not love the 50% off sales ALL THE TIME!!!

After a quick stop by Subway to grab lunch...and chocolate milk for the queen, we headed back home to start decorating.  

I had good intentions of taking a pic of London's room before the make-over began but I forgot....So here is the final product.

She loves the flower canopy above her bed.  She told me it makes her feel like a princess when she is sleeping.  The message board on the left side is so cute and I'm sure will be filled with artwork soon

Of course I had to monogram her pillows.  

A few decorative shelves.  The little birdhouse is my favorite accessory in her room.

I still need to get the middle piece of the fence to complete the wall.
 I love the little tree too.  A perfect spot for the next day's outfit to hang....or a sweater. :)

Thank goodness she let us clean off her dresser.  It was covered in random jewelry boxes and pictures from her friends.  

London was so cute the first night she slept in her 'new' room.  She told us that she probably wouldn't sleep very good because she would be too busy looking at all her new things.

Now I really want to get her new furniture, then her room will be totally finished.  I love this set HERE....and it's on clearance.... BUT, I will have to wait.  


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment