background

Friday, September 17, 2010

THE 'BUG' VISITS

How many times can a family of 4 vomit in one week?  Let me just say we have had our fair share of being sick this week.  Here is the rundown of the nice 'stomach bug' that was let loose in our house.

Monday:  All is well, I am on my own since Matt was still at the ranch and on his way home later that night.  I conquored bedtime and managed to get the girls in bed ontime and just as I thought they were both in dreamland, Kinley cries out.  Not totally abnormal for her but as I go to console her and reach into her crib I get hit with the nice unmistakeable smell of vomit.  Needless to say I spent the next few hours wondering if "'this' was going to be the last time she vomits tonight."  11 PM rolls around and after 2 crib sheet changes, a load of vomit laundry, 2 baths and PJ changes....Kinley is asleep.

Tuesday:  The day was great.  No one was sick and I was convinced that we had gotten lucky and the stomach bug was gone.

Wednesday: Just another day in our house....London went to school, Kinley and I did our normal clean house, play, and nap routine and took London to gymnastics.  I even did some errands that morning and had dinner in the crockpot.  I was feeling super productive.  No 'bug' in sight!!!  During gymnastics I started feeling run down and just dismissed it as busy mom syndrome.  We got home, ate dinner, and I started feeling so tired and a little 'yucky'.   I managed to bathe Kinley and Matt was a lifesaver and took over bedtime.  I did participate by laying by London's bed for a few minutes before the 'bug' came to visit me.  MOTHER'S SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE SICK.......EVER!!!


Thursday: Matt walked London to school and even took Kinley with him. {no I didn't get a pic and am still kicking myself for not dragging myself outside for at least one shot of the  3 of them walking down the sidewalk}  I slowly started feeling better and thought "all is well"......until 3:15.  I get a call from London's teacher saying she isn't feeling well and is upset.  I rush out of the house to get in the front of the car rider line.  While in line the school calls again and says "come to the front of the line and go ahead and pull up to the front of the school".  London has vomited in the car rider line.  WONDERFUL!!  Welcome back stomach bug!!


Friday:  London gets to stay home from school since the rule is no school for 24 hours after vomiting etc.  She woke up feeling great.  No more 'bug' for her.  No more 'bug' for me and no more 'bug' for Kinley.  Matt goes to work, comes home, we play and do our normal evening thing with the kids, kids are in bed and now Matt has announced that the 'bug' has probably come to visit him.  


Tomorrow is London's birthday party.  Let's pray the 'bug' is gone by then!!!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment