background

Sunday, September 19, 2010

PARTY! PARTY!

It was a party filled weekend!






Saturday was London's 6th birthday party and we had a blast.  We started the day early, only because both girls woke up early!!  It ended up being a good thing though since Matt was still in bed....sick.  He had a virus all night and still felt sick Saturday morning so I got in Super Mom mode and was ready to do London's party solo!  I told Matt he was quarantined to the bedroom and I disinfected the whole rest of the house.  I mopped, vacuumed, wiped down {with lysol} the sofa's, door knobs, faucets, phones, pretty much anything that had been touched and got the house looking sparkly clean by 9:30 a.m.  London cleaned the playroom and her room which included a mighty fine job of making her bed. I couldn't have asked for anything more.  With Matt being sick and me knowing I was on my own, London really stepped up as mommy's helper.   I had myself and both girls dressed and at the store to get party snacks, juice boxes, and ice by 10.  Yes folks, that is a major accomplishment on my part considering I normally don't function until about 10!! London was a saint!  She helped me pick out just the right snacks {which only Kinley ended up eating} and juice.  We got home and she even tried to empty the big ice bags into the cooler.  A quick lunch of PB&J and a little down time and that is when the DARK storm clouds rolled in.   Oh, and a little thunder too just to make me crazy.  Matt was feeling better by this point and we both were pretty convinced that there wasn't going to be a pool party.  Miraculously, it rained for a little while and stopped and a little sun came out just in time for the party. London had a blast and her cake was her favorite part.....and presents of course.



She wanted her cake to look just like the one that was in a My Little Pony set that she had......and it looked just like it.  Thank you, Sue for your awesome work!!



I added another candle to her birthday banner too!



Sunday we headed north to our nephew's birthday party.  It was at a 'jumpy' place and London and Kinley had a ball.  Kinley couldn't get enough of the big slide.  She was so cute.  Every time she slid down she would give us a big belly laugh.  And London loved racing Matt and I through the obstacles.  I now have big respect for the Wipe-out contestants.  Those 'jumpy' things wore me out.





Now the girls are in bed and London's lunch is packed for school tomorrow.  I hope this week is better than last and that that darned 'bug' is out of our house.

Have a happy Monday!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment