background

Monday, December 27, 2010

CHRISTMAS 2010

Christmas came and Christmas went and it was as good as it could have been.  Here is how we spent our holiday!!

Christmas Eve Eve was very low key.  Matt worked and the girls and I just played at the house.  I made a run to HEB and Toys R' Us but that is about as exciting as our day got....until we made cookies for Santa!!  I didn't even think to get a picture of the final product....they were gone before I thought to take a pic!!



Christmas Eve Matt went to work for a few hours and came home at lunch.  Yes, he really worked on Christmas Eve morning.  Then We got ready for church and went to the 4:00 service at the Woodway campus.  Matt and I love the Christmas Eve service, especially when we light the candles and sing.  And we both love singing at church so we were so excited.  Unfortunately our girls wanted no part of the Christmas Eve service.  They lasted all of 30 minutes and after about another 20 minutes in the cry room and Kinley going up and down the stairs 100 times we decided it was best for all of us just to leave.  London was upset she couldn't follow Kinley around.  Kinley would scream when we would try to hold her, and after putting London in time-out (yes, she got put in time-out at church on Christmas Eve) enough was enough.  I guess that's what having kids is like sometimes.  UGH!!

We headed to Conroe to have Christmas Eve with Matt's family.  The kids were showered with gifts and Matt and I got a few too.




After a yummy dinner and playing with new toys, we headed back home to get ready for Santa.  Bedtime was super easy thank goodness since Santa had his duties to take care of.

Christmas morning came and thank goodness the girls slept till about 8:45.  London woke us up .... after scanning all the gifts from Santa ... and we woke Kinley up to open gifts.





Once all the gifts were opened we asked London to put Paris in the back yard.  Much to her surprise there was a trampoline in the back yard.  She has been asking for a trampoline for probably a year now and we had told her no, since we are in a rent house.  Well, it was the best gift ever.




We had our parents and my sister and her boyfriend over for Christmas lunch.  Mom brought a ham and tons of desserts, I did mashed potatoes and gravy and iced tea, Matt's mom brought green bean casserole and brownies and his dad brought rolls.  Lunch was great but I'll be honest....it just wasn't the same as having Christmas lunch at mom's.  I have alot to work on to make it feel like that.  Next time my good dishes are coming out, the kids table will be decorated super fun, and I'll have to double or even triple the decor.  It really made me realize I have a long way to go to make our house like mom's was growing up.

After lunch Matt and I opened our gifts from my parents and then Matt started putting the trampoline together and after a pretty short wait London was jumping with joy!!

My favorite gift..... my Flip camera!!  Thanks Mom!!!  I'll be posting videos now along with pics!!

Everyone left about 3 and I put Kinley down for a nap.  London wanted to watch Toy Story 2 so we all snuggled up in our bed and Matt and I napped while London watched a movie.  We woke up, ate leftovers and put the girls to bed.  Matt went back to the office and I went to bed early.

Sunday we went to church and hit up Chili's for lunch.  Matt and I finished the trampoline assembly and put the net around the trampoline.  Matt worked....again.  He says next year....like in 4 days he isn't going to work as much at night.  We'll see.....

I am slowly but surely getting my house back in order and going to start packing up the Christmas decorations tomorrow.  My goal is to have everything, including the outdoor lights put away before the 1st!!

Oh, and I got one more gift for Christmas today....a new phone.   I had it all day Christmas Eve and when we got in the car to go to church I thought I had left it inside, which I do alot.  Matt always has his so I don't really worry if I leave mine.....as long as we have one phone with us I'm fine.  We went on to church and then to Matt's mom's house and didn't think anything of it.  Christmas Eve night after we got home and I couldn't find my phone.   I was convinced Kinley had put it somewhere and it had died leaving us to ripping the house apart. It was no where to be found.  We searched the house for it every chance we had on Christmas day and Christmas night I got in the car and drove part of the route we took to church just incase, it was the only other place I could think it might be.  Nothing...  We texted my phone asking for whoever had it to respond so we could quit looking, offered a reward and kept looking inside. I just knew it was misplaced by Kinley.  Sunday on our way to church we see what looks like my phone laying in the middle of the road about a mile from our house.  And guess what....it was my phone....with the case intact and screen shattered!!  I have no recollection of taking my phone outside while we were loading the car before church.  BUT, I guess I did....or Matt did and somehow it ended up in the middle of the road.  Oh well, I'll be more careful next time.



I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and that you have a safe and Happy New Year!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment