background

Thursday, December 2, 2010

STITCHIN' AWAY

I've been so busy making shirts for all the Kindergarten teachers and now am on to some baby gifts my mom needs.  My poor embroidery machine hasn't worked this much in, well......ever.

I saw the new 10 needle Brother embroidery machine the other day and my oh my the things I could make with that machine.  But it comes with a hefty price tag so my machine will have to do for now.  I don't know how people take orders and not have at least a 6 needle machine.  All the thread changes drive me nuts.

Here is one of the 10 shirts I did for the Kindergarten team.  They are about to start a gingerbread man themed unit and after seeing London's turkey shirt they wanted gingerbread shirts made.




I also made this one for London to wear.  They were talking about 'joy' at school and were supposed to wear a green shirt.



I made a trip to Hobby Lobby on Monday and picked up some fabric to make the girls some Christmas outfits.  I'm thinking a reversible a-line with their monogram on one side and then a fun applique on the other side.  I also want to make some ruffle pants (ooooh I love those pants) and a matching t-shirt.
I also grabbed some zebra print ribbon because I will have to make a matching bow for their outfits. I'm thinking zebra stacked with red and white for the bow.  Now if I could just get this outfit made!!!



I'm thinking the red and polka dot for the dress and the red for the pants with a zebra ruffle.  I'm thinking of a santa hat with red minky fabric and zebra trim.....sounds sassy!! I'll probably end up putting their name on the shirt too.  I love having their name on stuff!!!

OK, I need to get back to my machine and finish the onesie I am doing.  And I still need to put London's name on her shirt for tomorrow.  They are supposed to wear yellow.

Lots of fun stuff happening this weekend too!!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment