background

Monday, December 20, 2010

SECOND BAPTIST CHRISTMAS WEEKEND

We had another great weekend cram packed with Christmas programs.  My brother's wife Kelsey joined us for the weekend and we loved having her over.  London gave her the name Gogie (go-gee) a while back....so she is Gogie instead of Aunt Kelsey.  She is super sweet and loves the girls so much.  They were both thrilled to have her join us this weekend....and so was I!!!  Here is my attempt of getting a pic of her with the girls.....another picture fail.












Our church kicked off the weekend with 'The Really Really Big Christmas Show' which was so fun.  I felt like a kid again.  Here are a couple of clips from the show!!

*you need to go to the bottom of the page and pause the music so you can hear the video clips*







Saturday we went to the 'Kids Crazy Christmas Show'.  It is very similar to 'The Really Really Big Christmas Show' but instead of being a live show it is done with puppets.  Both shows have alot of the same songs and both tell the story of Christmas.  Both are so fun and entertaining too.  Here is a clip from last years show...but this year was the same...





Sunday we went to church and Kinley would not go in the nursery.  We ended up taking both girls into the service with us.  Ed preached and talked about the word 'Hallelujah' and the meaning of it and at one point he had us all repeat 'Hallelujah, Hallelujah'.  Kinley started repeating it over and over too.  It was so funny.  Every time she would blurt out 'Hallelujah' I could hear giggles around us.  After church we had a great lunch then went home for a quick break, changed clothes and headed back to meet my mom and aunt at 'The Really Really Big Christmas Show'.  Yes, we saw it twice....it was THAT good!!  After the show we rushed over to see the choir perform 'Songs of Christmas'.  I thought it was great.  Matt wasn't too into hearing the choir....he was hoping to get to sing along and not just listen!!  The kids were beyond tired and hungry by the time the program was over so we headed home, said our good bye's to Gogie, had a quick dinner and went to bed.




We took a quick and half way decent family pic after church.  London wearing the other side of the reversible top I made her .... which by the way I still haven't made Kinley's to match.  Remember THIS POST and I said I was going to do Kinley's by Sunday, well it didn't happen.  It will get done tomorrow right before we have to leave for my parent's house....I hope.  Ha!!  

Oh, and Kinley's dress was London's.  I monogrammed it for London when she was 2 and Sunday morning decided Kinley needed to wear it so I quickly put a patch over London's monogram and added Kinley's monogram!!  I'll have to take a close up pic someday....:)




Today the girls and I started..... yes started, our Christmas shopping.  I know....nothing like waiting until the last minute.  Matt is leaving work early tomorrow we can finish up the shopping and get the girls' gifts.  His mom is watching the girls while we shop and then we head over to my parent's house for our family Christmas.  My mom is doing Christmas early since my brother and Gogie are spending Christmas in Colorado with her family.  


Here is the pillowcase dress I made tonight for my niece Madison's gift.  She loves Minnie Mouse!!  I made her a matching bow too!!



That's about all we've been up to.  Here are a few more pics from the weekend...

before the Kids Crazy Christmas Show

See Kinley's shirt...  I bought the red shirt and matching pants in November with high hopes of making a Christmas set for her.  You know....appliqued shirt and cute matching pants with a ruffle.  I had it all planned out in my head.  Well, in my last minute madness I made that shirt as we were getting ready for the Kids Crazy Christmas Show Saturday afternoon. 



Oh and I finished this order for a sweet friend Saturday...




Merry Christmas!!!!  Only 5 days left!!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment