background

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

NOAH'S ARK

Did you know there is an ark in Houston?  A real one with animals and water....



and tunnels....



and it is oh so fun to play on!!!

We went to this pool with some friends.  My understanding is that the pools are owned by a church and this is part of their recreation department.  Pretty awesome if you ask me.  There is also a large pool with diving boards in a separate fenced in area.  It was $6 per person for all day and they even had a concession stand!!

I wasn't too sure if London or Kinley would enjoy it for very long but went hoping for the best.  Well, I'll just say I had to drag them out of there!!  

London had a great time on the slides and tunnels from the get go ( I was afraid she would get bored after a few slides) and as I suspected, Kinley was a little overwhelmed.  I mean, she won't even go in the kiddie part or down the kiddie slides at the neighborhood pools.  I thought she would just sit in the water by my feet and play.

This was Kinley's favorite spot for a while...


After a little convincing her to come on the ark with me I decided I would slide down the slide with her.  It was a sight to see I'm sure, me and all 7 months pregnant of belly and Kinley sliding out of the ark.  She sort of liked it and I went down a few more times with her.  Finally I snuck away when she and London were at the top together and that was the end of the slide fear.  She LOVED the slides and couldn't run around fast enough to climb to the top again!!

London was the best big sister and sooo sweet to help Kinley to the top each time.  She was so patient with her and so excited for her each time Kinley went down the slide.  







There was a small rainbow slide too that the girls did a few times.  Once Kinley slid down and did a little twist towards the bottom.  She jumped up so fast and laughed and told me, "I did a fancy trick!!"



The girls played so hard and had a great time.  




Kinley was worn out and started her nap early in the car.  London on the other hand wanted Sonic so we made a quick stop for lunch then headed home for Kinley to finish her nap..... in a bed :)


I'm so glad we went to play on Noah's Ark and will definitely be back for more fun!!!

(sorry for the blurry hazy pics... I think the heat and humidity plus the bright 
sun/shade combo at the pool made for some funky looking pics)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment