background

Monday, July 11, 2011

VBS DAY 1

We kicked of VBS today and boy was it crazy.  Last year I volunteered as the main teacher but this year I stepped back and am more of a helper.  I'm still in the class I just don't do any of the actual teaching.... more of just helping keep all 25 of our kiddos in line and help to get them where we are going.  The total enrollment was 3542 kids grades K-6..... INSANE!!!!  

Our church does such an amazing job catering to kids.  This year VBS is 'ROUND UP' and they are spending one day on each fruit of the spirit.....  yes I know there are more than 5 'fruits of the spirit' but for 4 weeks after VBS during Sunday school they will cover the other 'fruits' that weren't talked about during VBS.

Today we talked about LOVE and it was so fun to hear the kids talk about how to show love to others and how we can see God's love for us.

I'm taking London and Kinley and 3 of London's friends each day.  The kids had a great time and Kinley did great in the nursery....truly an answered prayer!!  The first thing she told me to day was that she got to sing 'Our God  Gate Gig God' or 'Our God is a Great Big God.'  They sing it during church on Sunday's and it is her favorite song!!

I didn't take any pics today but will make sure and get some for the rest of the week.

I'm off to bed..... tomorrow we teach on JOY!!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment