background

Monday, July 18, 2011

VBS DAY 5

Whew!!!  What a week.  We ended VBS today with the fruit of the spirit KINDNESS.   You would have thought it was the last day of school.  The kids were WILD!!!

I always came back a little early from the big show to get the snacks ready and much to my surprise London came back from the big show looking like this....


She had pulled her tooth out right in the middle of the big show.  I was shocked that {1} she pulled it out knowing i was no where near and {2} she went and got the other teacher and let her take the lead on what to do next!!  Her top tooth is loose ...but not real loose....now but I think it might be a while before it falls out.

Friday the nursery did a western parade for all the nursery kids.  I dressed Kinley in the only western thing she owns and she wore some boots that were a few sizes too big for her.  She was so excited about her outfit that she had me put the boots next to her pillow the night before.... and yes, I packed her tennies too so she could have shoes that fit if she wanted.  BUT, when I picked her up, her teacher said she never wanted her boots off.  :)

Here is a short video of the western parade!!!  I was trying to take pics with a camera in one hand and hold my phone with video in the other so excuse the poor quality!!



Here are some more pics from the parade...






Before leaving VBS we stopped by the VBS General Store to pick up a CD, posters of the big show cast, and pre-order our DVD!!  I love that London is more into VBS and the characters and songs than some of the other more trendy things these days.  I can only hope and pray she stays that way!!

After VBS I had promised London we would eat lunch at Chick-fil-A with friends.  We lucked out because each kid and me since I volunteered got a coupon for a free 8-piece nugget!!!!  The kids had a blast and I let them play a while then we headed home for a much needed nap.  

VBS was fun but so tiring.  I was worn out from the action pack fun filled week...... but I'm sure I'll be back to volunteer next year :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment