background

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

ROOM MAKEOVER....AGAIN

Well with sweet baby Holland on the way we had to do some rearranging of people.  Since London is the oldest and has always had her own room we gave her two options...

1.  Make her room into a room for her and Kinley
2.  Let Kinley and Holland share a room

I really wasn't sure what she would pick but she wanted Kinley in her room.  Soooo, the transition started by just talking about moving rooms with Kinley.

About 3 weeks ago both girls wanted to sleep together on the floor... so we made them a bed on the floor and well, they are still on the floor.  They were on blankets in Kinley's room for about 2 weeks and now we have London's mattress and box spring on the floor that they are sleeping on.  Pitiful I know but It is totally their choice and it is nice to at least have Kinley out of her room and the crib.  I am hoping to have Kinley's mattress set this weekend.

I have always loved the look of two twin beds with matching bedding, so with London wanting to share a room with Kinley, my mind started turning and I began searching for the perfect beds.  Something classic and timeless but that wouldn't break the bank.  Ha.... everything I found that I loved was so expensive.

Here is the bed or beds I fell in love with...
Restoration Hardware $1199... YIKES and to think i wanted 2.  UH, not going to happen.

Marlowe Panel Bed

So, I saved the pic on my phone and it got looked at alot, and I was convinced I could find one similar and much cheaper.  Well, I just happened to mention wanting new beds for the girls to my aunt one afternoon while swimming and showed her the pic and she instantly said, "Daddy Joe (my uncle) could do those easily."  In fact, my cousin had been talking to him (he is her dad) about building a day bed for her son.  Oh, I was so excited.  I think I forwarded him the pic that moment and asked if he could build 2 for me.  Well guess what..... he built me 2 beds and I  LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!  He is so talented and is great at building things.

Here are a few pics of the beds toward the end of the building process...



I can't wait to get them in their room!!  Kinley has been asking about her new bed lately and I'm ready to finish the transition of getting Kinley settled in London's room. 

We will have to paint them once we get them home.  Luckily our neighbor has a paint sprayer and you bet I'm going to see if we can borrow it :)

In the mean time, I have been looking for a new dresser that can fit 2 sets of girls stuff in them.  I'm thinking I can combine panties and socks in one drawer, use a drawer for shorts and one for pj's.  

I found this dresser at Ikea and I think it will match well with the beds... and since we are painting the beds ourselves, we can match the paint color to the dresser!!  I will probably try to change out the drawer pulls if I can find some that will fit.  I love it because it has the same base as the beds and has the raised panels on the drawers like the beds.  And Ikea is always so reasonably priced and has always held up well for me.
BIRKELAND 6-drawer dresser, white Width: 63 " Depth: 20 1/2 " Depth of drawer: 17 3/8 " Height: 35 7/8 " Maximum load/drawer: 44 lb  Width: 160 cm Depth: 52 cm Depth of drawer: 44 cm Height: 91 cm Maximum load/drawer: 20 kg
Here is the matching nightstand that matches the dresser.  How cute will it be between the two beds!!!
BIRKELAND Nightstand, white Width: 15 3/4 " Width of drawer: 12 5/8 " Depth: 15 3/8 " Depth of drawer: 14 5/8 " Height: 25 1/4 " Maximum load/drawer: 44 lb  Width: 40 cm Width of drawer: 32 cm Depth: 39 cm Depth of drawer: 37 cm Height: 64 cm Maximum load/drawer: 20 kg

I'll be sure and post pics when the room is done!!  I'm so excited and am ready to have the new 'sisters' room complete.  Then I can finally move on to focusing on the nursery.  








Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment