background

Friday, October 15, 2010

30 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE DAY 1-4

I'm joining Katie in her 30 day blog challenge (a little late).  Since some days I don't have much to blog about this will help me out and also help anyone who reads get to know me better.  Who knows....maybe I'll get a follower or two out of it!!!  




So here goes... Day 1-4!! 




Day 1:  Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts

I'm Heather, I'm 31 and I was born and raised in Texas.  I love Texas... as do most Texans and I think it would be really hard to get me to leave.  I've lived in several different parts of the state and am partial Fort Worth even though I don't live there anymore.  I got my Bachelors of Nursing from Baylor and was a nurse until shortly after I became a mommy to my oldest.  I now have 2 girls 19 months and 6 years and am loving staying home with them.  



Not the best pic, but the most recent!!


1.  I love candles and especially love the fall scents.  I usually have about 3 burning!!

2.  The furthest I've been is Moorea and hope to go back someday, without the kids of course.

3.  I swore I would never come back to my home town and although I am not back, I am pretty close and wish I could move back and live really close to my parents and siblings.  I really miss those family dinners.

4.  If I could have all girls I would love it.  Matt says if #3 is another girl, he is done :(

5.  I love to sew and would sew 100% of my girls' wardrobe if I had the time.

6.  I haven't worked in several years but am kind of starting to miss it.  Shhhh....don't tell Matt!

7.  I used cloth diapers on my youngest baby and now think it is a total waste to spend money on disposables.  I saved so much money using cloth.  (I'm not a crazy go-green person either)

8.  I regret ever quitting ballet after 10 years and wish I hadn't quit piano either.

9.  I graduated in the top 10% of my high school and was accepted into the one and only school I applied to.  Whew!!

10.  I can't stand to watch sports on TV.

11.  I love a clean house.

12.  I haven't read a book in....well, I can't remember the last time I read a book.  But I do wish I was more of a reader, I just can't find time in my day.


13.  I will never have my own facebook page but will admit to hacking into my husbands account.


14.  I rarely watch TV but I do try to catch Ellen when I can.  That woman cracks me up!!!

15.  I am a Christian an am in love with our Lord!  I love seeing my girls raised in a Christian home and love Sunday mornings and going to church as a family.




DAY 2:  Meaning behind your blog name

I wanted something catchy but simple.  Since I am a stay at home mom and spend most of my time at home I kept it short and to the point....Heather at Home







Day 3-Your first love

My first love was my husband Matt.  I had the normal high school crush and occasional boyfriend but the first time I fell in love was when I was dating Matt.  We grew up in the same town, grew up in the same church, and went to all the same schools but our paths never crossed until I was moving into the dorms at Baylor.  We actually have a picture and video of us together when we were in elementary school and we didn't even remember being at the same place.  We were both chosen to be a part of the ground breaking ceremony for a new building at our church and Matt's parents had taken a picture of him shoveling dirt and I was standing right next to him.  I love him more today than ever and thank God for putting him in my life.







Day 4-Your parents


Oh, my parents.  They are the best!  My mom is a retired elementary school teacher and my dad is in the oil business.  They have an amazing relationship and have made it through more than their fair share of hardships and tragedies. I look up to their relationship so much and strive to make my marriage as strong as theirs.  


I never really went through the 'I hate my parents' stage.  I always felt very comfortable talking to my parents about anything and everything and we still have a very open relationship.  I know I can run to them for anything....a good laugh, a good cry, and sometimes just to be in that comfortable place I call home.  They made it very easy to come to them and I always knew they had my best interest in sight and I could trust them 100%.  I always respected my parents and tried to follow the rules.  


They were always in the bleachers cheering me on when I cheered in High School, they were at every dance recital, piano concert, and any other activity I (an my siblings) had going on as I grew up, and we had alot going on.  They are still there for me, and now my girls, every step of the way.  They were there for the birth of my two girls and love them more than I could ever imagine.  The are the best grandparents and are loving every minute of it.....so they say!!


I have an amazing relationship with both my mom and dad and wouldn't change any part of it.  My mom was always the one bussing my siblings and I back and forth to school, practices, and whatever else we had going on.  My dad, like many others, worked ALOT.  Often times he had to be out of town.  My dad was present for all the big occasions but we always knew that he expected 110% from us even if he wasn't there to see us practice. Even as an adult with a family of my own I strive to make my parents proud.  They always held a high standard for us.


My parents always made sure we had what we needed and wanted. They made sure we had unique experiences and opportunities to make our life full and 'cultured'.  They wanted the very best for all of us and made sure we didn't miss out on any opportunity that would help us succeed.  You could say we were a little spoiled but they gave us the best life that they could....and they still do!!






  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment