background

Monday, October 25, 2010

30 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE DAY 16: DREAM HOUSE

This is going to be a fun post for me.  Since we built our forever house and had to move due to Matt's job less than a year later we are renting and let me just say I am so ready for a house that is mine again.  I house hunt ALL the time and am ready to get to start looking for real when our lease is up.  We also are renting out our 'forever' house and hopefully it will sell after the lease is up on it so we can get on with the show and have a house of our own.  Get ready, this is going to be long...

That being said, here is a look at my dream home which I will have to move out of suburbia to build....a girl can dream....right?



I grew up on 3 acres and loved having so much room to run, play, ride my bike.  We had a pool and trampoline and horse stables and still had more room than we needed.  I would love to have a few acres for my big planation style home to sit on.  (i know that isn't much but it's more than what we have here in the suburbs)   I love the big columns and wrap around porch.  


A few interior features would be....

  • 5" plank hand scraped wood floors everywhere, except maybe the bedrooms and utility
  • double crown moulding and big baseboards everywhere
  • lots of windows
  • fire places in the living room, master bedroom, and kitchen/breakfast room
  • butlers pantry to store all my extra holiday dishes and serving pieces
  • a mother-in-law suite...maybe over the garage that has a small kitchenette and full bath and its own entrance but still connected to the house too
  • stainless steel appliances, sub zero fridge
  • oil rubbed bronze light and plumbing fixtures
  • 5 bedroom
  • 4 bath...the girls would have a jack and jill bath, i love them




My kitchen would look like this.....

would you look at all that cabinet space.  Say goodbye to all my storage issues and bring out the good dishes!!

I would definitely have to have a craft room...here is my idea of lovely!!

I love this!!  It is so fun and whimsical.  

OK, the laundry room.....with 2 girls, I do alot of laundry. I would love to have a laundry room that could double as an overflow storage room for all the extra paper towels, toilet paper, cleaning supplies.   A big wall of cabinets and
a front loader washer/dryer would be a must.  Also, in the middle would be a big island with cubbies underneath to hold laundry baskets and a space for ironing and a hanging rod!!














I would have a mud room off the utility room, at the back of the house.  I love this unit with the big drawers on bottom and extra storage on top!!


OK, more storage....in my closet.  I don't mind sharing a closet with Matt but to each have a side and not have to half the closet rod would be great!!!  Oh, and in my dream home closet would be my dream wardrobe too!!  :)  Would you look at that!!  It would be like going shopping every time you went in your closet!


OK, and for Matt....a home theater.  


and the garage...




Now for the girls.....

A spacious playroom....with storage of course



look at all that room!!  I would have carpet in the playroom for sure!!

And the backyard...
get ready, its a dream for the whole family....remember I have some land that my dream home sits on!!

click HERE to peek inside!




and of course a pool!!


The topic was DREAM house wasn't it?  Well, There you have it...my DREAM house and a few things in it!!

Oh, and of course my dream home would come with these too....

a maid...
and a landscaper to keep up the lawn/pool

NAME.png picture by hgb_1126

4 comments:

  1. You have this all planned out! :) We have the same dream home! Must be good taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dream house! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want everything you just put up .. the craft room, mudroom and laundry room are my faves!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the walk in closet and laundry room!!

    ReplyDelete