background

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

30 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE DAY 17: WHAT I LOOK FORWARD TO and JUST CATCHING UP

Jump over to Katie's journey to link up to the 30 day blog challenge.


I look forward to.....

  1. buying another house
  2. being debt free
  3. seeing London's big smile when I pick her up from school
  4. nap time
  5. weekends
  6. holidays
  7. being pregnant again
  8. seeing God's plan for my life unravel
  9. going on a family vacation
  10. Thanksgiving at the ranch

Now, to recap what has been going on lately.

We stayed home for the weekend and enjoyed not having to go anywhere.

Friday Matt had a function with his firm that kept him out late so the girls and I had pizza with the neighbors.  I was introduced to Swamp People, and oh my.....did you know that a bull frog has to be at least 5" long to be legal.  I actually learned something from that show.  Useless information? YES, but new information for me!

He did end up at the office Sat. night but it was fun to have him around all day Saturday afternoon. Sunday we volunteered in Kinley's Sunday school class and we visited a Sunday school class for us.  I'm so ready to get plugged into a class and meet some fun couples to worship with and to make friends.  Matt wasn't loving the class this week so we will probably try a different class this  Sunday.

I've been busy getting the girls' halloween costumes ready.  London decided to be a 50's girls so I got off easy on not having to make her a costume!!  London already had a poodle skirt from the sock hop last spring, so I just had to make Kinley one.  I'm just about done...just one more trip to Hobby Lobby for the ric rac / leash for the poodle and some purple ribbon for another project.  Oh, and I would like to find a white button up shirt for Kinley to wear and some white canvas tennies to paint like saddle shoes!!  Her white t-shirt and everyday tennies might have to do though. I'll post pics of the finished product!

Matt has been so busy at work and he's working even longer hours this week than before.  Ahhh, I already miss his help at bedtime.  He did find time out of his busy schedule to watch Kinley so I could volunteer at London's school.  They had a science lesson about measurement using bananas today.  The kids absolutely loved it.  They measured their height and weight in bananas and also measured out ingredients for banana bread...mmmm, I can already smell it cooking!!  Here is a pic from today.



I look like a banana myself.  I didn't plan to wear yellow to coordinate with the lesson, it was what was clean and ironed!!  ha ha :)


London was 7 bananas tall and weighed 93 bananas!!!  The kids loved being weighed...They got to sit on a see saw and we loaded bananas on the other end until they were even.  I kind of wanted to do it myself.  ha ha!!

London's dress (above) is one I made last week.  Its the other side of the pumpkin one seen here!


Other projects we've had going on is pumpkin decorating.  London's school had a pumpkin display and the students could decorate a pumpkin like a storybook character.  London picked Pinkalicious.  Of course my OCD kicked in and I just couldn't let her do the whole thing by herself so this is what WE did.  OK, I admit, I did most of it but London did have the final say on how she wanted it to look and she did help with some of the hair and painting and she did the cupcake herself.  I think Pinkalicous turned out pretty cute!  


I think that is about all.  Tonight London has gymnastics and this weekend we are busy with Fall Festivals, a birthday party for my niece, volunteering in London's Sunday school class and of course trick-or-treating on Sunday.    

I hope you all have a great end of the week !!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment