background

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

30 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE DAY 8 & 9

DAY 8:  A PLACE YOU'VE TRAVELED TO 


(sorry for no pictures.  maybe I'll be up to scanning some in tomorrow but it's late and I'm tired)


Tahiti & Moorea


For our honeymoon we spent a week in Tahiti and Moorea.  We spent most of our time in Moorea though. It was great.  It is the furthest place I have traveled to and I hope to go back sooner than later.   I love going to the beach and having our own private bungalow over the water was a little piece of heaven.

I didn't really enjoy the food but the atmosphere was great.  Next time, and I really hope there is a next time, I will be prepared to go to the local market and eat PB & J if I have to.

We took a tour of the whole island and ate the most amazing pineapple I've ever had.  Tahiti pineapples are smaller and much sweeter than the Hawain pineapple we are used to in the states.  It is 'soft' all the way through and the core is the best part!!  We got to eat it right off the plant.  We were even able to bring one back with us and share the sweetness!!

Our tour guide was in the movie 'South Pacific'.  He was the boat guy!!  Pretty cool huh!!


DAY 9:  A PICTURE OF MY FRIENDS

These are my two best friends from where we used to live....  (excuse the Care Bear shirt....London had a Care Bear Birthday that day)



I had to leave them when we moved last year and I miss them like crazy.  Jan's oldest and London went to MDO together (that's how we met).  Jan introduced me to Keri when she found out Matt and I were building close to Keri.  We all had girls around the same age and I even got to be preggo at the same time as Keri.  I can remember joking about whose baby slept the longest that night (usually mine) or who had to wake up and nurse the most (usually Keri).  Many late night chat sessions while nursing a baby were held with these two girls.  Keri and I always have said that her baby and Kinley will get married....in Austrailia.....in a church.....underwater.....  Sounds crazy, I'm sure it was during one of those late night chats when we came up with that idea.

Although I have made several friends in our new place I haven't met anyone that I just click with.  I am hoping that person will cross my path soon though.  I need a lunch, shopping,  and manicure buddy!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment